J’Something’s easy-to-create short rib and udon noodle bowl is a favourite Asian take-away dish which you can make at home for family and friends.
“I don't think my obsession with Asian food will ever come to an end, so I enjoyed creating this really tasty short rib and udon noodle bowl with some Castle Milk Stout – just delicious,” said J’Something.
Slow cooking the short rib in the stout beer helps to tenderise it beautifully. Chewy udon noodles have a mild flavour that's wonderful with the delicate spices in this rich beef broth.
Difficulty: Very easy
Hands on Time: 15 minutes
Total time: 5 hours
Oven Temperature: 180°C
- 1.5kg beef short ribs, cut into 5cm pieces
- 4 Tbsps. fresh ginger, finely chopped
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2½ Tbsps. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. Chinese 5-spice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 cup good quality beef stock
- 250ml Castle Milk Stout
- 3 heads baby pak choy, coarsely chopped
- 4 spring onions, sliced, plus more for serving
- Udon noodles
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely sliced
- 2 Tbsps. sesame seeds