Often it's a real dilemma deciding what to put on those yummy pancakes you've made and more often than not it’s merely the simple things that give the most pleasure.
We asked the owner of Blue Strawberry Caterers, Jenni Jackson to share some of her perfect pancake fillings.
These are just some of
- Savoury mince- fill with left over mince roll up top with grated cheese and grill
- Creamed spinach and feta cheese.
- Vegetable curry- fill with vegetable curry roll up and serve with a dollop of thick yoghurt.
- Creamed mushroom- gently sauté’ mushrooms in butter, fold into a béchamel sauce, fill the pancake and roll up, then sprinkle with cheese and grill.
- Tuna wrap- mix tuna with mayo, onion, apple and a squeeze of lemon, spread on pancake top with shredded lettuce roll up and serve.
- Baklava- fill with a good drizzle of honey crushed pistachios and cinnamon.
- Chocolate- spread with chocolate spread, top with fresh sliced bananas and crushed nuts roll and serve.
- Caramelised banana- caramelise banana’s in sugar and butter until golden.
- Apple nut- chop and stew apples with sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, add toasted chopped nuts, dust with icing sugar.
- Fresh fruit- top with berries and fruit and drizzle with maple syrup serve with Greek yoghurt.