- 80g broccoli
- 20g red onion
- 10g garlic
- 10g ginger
- 200g fillet steak
- 5ml coconut oil
- 5g chilli
- 30g sun-dried tomatoes
- 15ml soy sauce
- Put a pot of water on the stove to boil. Drop your broccoli in the water to be blanched for 2 minutes and then remove from the hot water and place in an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- Once cool, remove from the ice water and allow draining of the excess liquid.
- Then slice your onions and chilli thinly and grate your garlic and ginger.
- Slice your beef into strips and set aside.
- Get a wok or shallow frying pan on high heat as this will prevent your meat sticking to the pan, and allow it to cook quickly and not stew in its own juices.
- Once your pan is hot, drop in the coconut oil and coat the pan properly. Add your onion, garlic and ginger at the same time and sauté, constantly mixing for about 1 minute.
- Next, add your chilli, sun-dried tomatoes and steak and remember to mix constantly as this will prevent it from stewing.
- Fry for 1 to 2 minutes, then add your soy sauce along with your broccoli.
- Mix for about a minute till the broccoli heats up and all the ingredients have been coated in soy sauce.
This is now ready to be served with brown rice, whole-wheat couscous or cauliflower rice.