If you love cheese then you won’t want to miss this festival at Sandringham outside Stellenbosch next weekend. Cheese and the long weekend are a match made in foodie heaven
Cheesy delights to look forward to include:
- Interactive food theatres — celebrity chefs will cook up a storm in the three food theatres at the SA Cheese Festival.
- Celebs include: Jenny Morris (The Giggling Gourmet), Kamini Pather (MasterChef SA winner), The Food Alchemist Pete Goffe-Wood (Master Chef and Ultimate Braai Master Judge), Carmen Niehaus and Leon the Milkman, Herman Lensing (Friday), Zola Nene (Saturday) and Johnny Hamman (Sunday).
- #YourWheyWithCheese Cook-off: Amateur chefs are invited to enter their water-wise recipes with President cheese for the #YourWheyWithCheese Cook-off in partnership with Heart FM. Prizes include a four-week cooking course with Jenny Morris and a two-day cheese-making course with Leon the Milkman.
- Cheese carving: There will be great prizes and of course some delicious cheese to be won in the Ladismith Cheese-carving competition, that takes place daily at Blossom’s Gazebo.
- The connoisseur’s experience: This tailormade package (at R850 per person) will entitle you to delights that only VIP's (limited to 100 persons per day) can experience.
All the details
- The SA Cheese Festival takes place from Friday, 27 April to Sunday, 29 April 2018 at Sandringham outside Stellenbosch.
- Tickets are available at any Computicket outlet, Shoprite or Checkers store at R180 per person per day.
- Senior citizens pay R120 and children between 2 years and 13 years pay R20 per person per day.
- No tickets will be sold at the gates.
- The festival times are from 10:00 to 18:00 daily.