These simple food tips will ensure that even if it’s your first Halloween party, it will be so unforgettable it won’t be your last.
Don’t overthink it
- You’ve hosted a dinner party before and a Halloween party is no different.
- Keep things simple, and don’t be intimidated by the social media videos of people carving pumpkins and creating intricate spider webs.
- Stick to green, orange or black foods and make simple adjustments to dishes you know won’t be a flop.
Let the decor do the work
- If you keep your snacks and food simple then allow the decor to scream your theme.
- The options in SA for decor and costumes has improved over the years so that can be the creative outlet for you and your guests.
Don’t cook too much
- Halloween is all about the treats so don’t cook a five course meal.
- Light snacks and a variety of desserts should be what you serve.
- Consider having a candy table, with spooky looking candies and candy floss. But add cupcakes and muffins to lift the experience and make it more grown up.
Consider the outdoors
- There is nothing spookier than eating in the dark, so consider a set-up outside on a back porch or a deck.
- Keep in mind that in the USA it’s getting colder but here in SA we’re heading towards Summer.
- A string of fairy lights, boerewors rolls and burgers with eyes and faces made out veggies is a simple Instagram-worthy meal for Halloween.