- He was born and raised in Soweto.
- Semenya left the corporate world in 2008 after 6 years to pursue his business goals.
- Lesego took a sho't left and traveled around SA for a year before enrolling at South Africa’s best chef school, Prue Leith Chef's Academy in Centurion, to study towards becoming a chef.
- He qualified with a Grande Diploma in Food and Wine and 5 other international level diplomas in wine and patisserie.
- He has subsequently gone on to work at The Westcliff under renowned chef Nicky Gibbs as well as taken part in various media platforms.
- In 2010 he took part in a soccer World Cup pie designing competition run by the British High Commission where his pie, based on a township Kota, won and was named the official pie of the visiting British football fans for the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- Until May 2014 Lesego worked at Richard Branson's private game reserve in the Sabi Sands before returning to his native city to begin focusing on building his business.
- Top Chef South Africa judge (2016), an influencer for numerous whisky and food brands.
A post shared by LesDaChef (@lesdachef) on