- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 6 tbsp Warm Water
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup of Vegan Butter Substitute
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- 1/8 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 1/3 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Stir the flax seed and water together. Set aside and allow mixture to become gelatinous.
3. Stir together the flour and baking soda. Set aside.
4. Combine the butter substitute, sugar, and spices. Beat together until light and fluffy.
5. Add the flax seed mixture to the margarine mixture and beat for about 2 minutes.
6. Beat in flour mixture until just combined.
7. Stir in chocolate chips.
8. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto ungreased baking sheets and bake for 10 – 11 minutes.
9. Allow to cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, before transferring to cooling rack.