Warm Lentil & Halloumi Salad
For the Harissa and honey dressing
- 15 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp Pesto Princess Harissa Paste
- 1 clove fresh garlic, finely minced
- 1 shallot, finely minced
For the salad
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 2 red onions, peeled and quartered
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Sea salt
- 1 cup SAGRA uncooked Puy lentils
- Small bunch of fresh mint
- 250 g halloumi, sliced
- Flaked almonds, toasted (optional, but so delicious!)
For the pickled red onions
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 125 ml white wine vinegar
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp castor sugar
- For the pickled red onions, combine the salt, sugar and vinegar and whisk until the salt has dissolved. Pour this liquid over the onions and cover until required. This should be made at least an hour in advance but can be made up to three days ahead and kept in the fridge.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix all of your dressing ingredients together.
- Place the cauliflower florets and red onion on a roasting tray, drizzle with a little olive oil, sprinkle with turmeric and season with a pinch of salt. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, cook the lentils according to package instructions, strain and set aside.
- Place the lentils onto a large serving dish. Add the cooked cauliflower and the mint and mix well.
- Heat a large, non-stick pan and grill the halloumi for 1-2 minutes each side, until crispy.
- Place the grilled halloumi, toasted almonds and pickled red onion on top of the lentil and cauliflower salad. Drizzle over your dressing and enjoy.
* Recipe supplied by Pesto Princess