The elegant and sophisticated Clico restaurant is known for its innovative gourmet flare with an emphasis on local and organic produce, its seasonal a la carte menus, bespoke wines and excellent service.
This season is no different and Chef Marnus Scholly and his team has launched a new 6-course winter menu.
“This menu is all about winter and allowing our diners to feel the comfort that food brings in the colder months. Braised meats, roasted vegetables and hearty purees – everything speaks to warmth, comfort and contentment,” says Scholly.
Set against a leafy, garden backdrop and warmed by two fire burning ovens, Clico Restaurant provides refined food and wine for diners with impeccable taste. It is the perfect spot to unwind and enjoy a meal in a cosy, understated sort of way.
Top winter picks off this menu:
1. The Salmon Gravlax, which boasts a beautiful array of winter vegetables is a light, fresh way to start the meal, it is a beautiful combination of cured salmon paired with savoury muesli for crunch, served alongside seasonal vegetables with citrus undertones – a quintessential flavour bomb.
2. The second course is Butternut Gnocchi with caramelized wild mushrooms, spinach and Parmesan.
3. Slow braised Oxtail popped into pockets of Tortellini pasta with Parmesan cream, pumpkin seed pesto and a poached Quail egg enjoyed with a Yardstick Pinot Noir made for a great third course.
4. For the fourth course, there’s Pork Belly with honey, soya sauce and butternut. The belly is brined and then roasted, adding extra moisture to the dish.
Braised Lamb Shoulder
5. Followed by the Braised Lamb Shoulder, which is marinated for three days in an olive and mustard sauce, slow roasted and served with a beetroot jus.
Goat's Milk Panna Cotta
6. The sixth course is appropriately named Milk and Honey - a goat’s milk panna cotta, Rooibos cremeux and home-made honeycomb paired with Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey Liqueur.
Watch as Chef Marnus Scholly explains his top winter picks: