But, while the jury is out on whether it is indeed healthy and good for our health or not, we’ve compiled a list of its many uses:
1. Make-up remover: It’s a natural face and body moisturiser, but did you know it also is quite handy at removing make-up? It liquifies eye make-up, making it easy to wipe-off.
2. Cures urinary tract and kidney infections: Coconut oil has been known to clear up and heal urinary and kidney infections. According to Dr Josh Ash, a “certified doctor of natural medicine”, the medium-chain fatty acids in the oil work as a natural antibiotic by disrupting the lipid coating on bacteria and killing them.
3. Breath cleanser/tooth whitener: Yup, gargling water mixed with a spoonful of coconut oil can refresh your breath because of the antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
4. Leather polish: For that extra shine? Look no further. Whether on clothes or couches, some people have admitted to dabbing a little portion on a piece of cloth and rubbing their material for some shine
5. Stress relief: Online site, Organic Facts, says that coconut oil is very soothing and hence it helps in removing stress. Applying it to the head, followed by a gentle massage, helps eliminate mental fatigue.