CAPE TOWN – The Covid-19 pandemic is creating an information overload, so we've decided to make things easier for you.
Here are five stories you might have missed today:
1) Here's a complete breakdown of where funds will be located following President Cyril Ramaphosa's announcement on a massive support package of R500 billion.
LOOK: RAMAPHOSA’S R500 BILLION BREAKDOWN
2) The South African Police Service, Metropolitan Police and South African Defence Force were all in attendance as the mass Covid-19 screening got underway in Westcliff, Chatsworth.
READ MORE: COVID-19 SCREENING IN CHATSWORTH RUNS SMOOTHLY
3) Ramadaan is the holiest month on the Islamic calendar where Muslims from around the world fast and use the time for prayer and reflection. However this year, South Africans along with their Muslim across the globe will celebrate Ramadaan under lockdown.
READ MORE: HOW LOCKDOWN AFFECTS RAMADAAN FOR SOUTH AFRICAN MUSLIMS
4) With the lockdown halting all non-essential businesses in the country, President Cyril Ramaphosa and his team have set out to protect South Africans in all areas, including financial institutions offering payment holidays for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) during these unprecedented times.
But, what are the consequences of these payment holidays?
READ MORE: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SME PAYMENT HOLIDAYS
5) People have been using social media to help bridge the gap between physical distancing and socialising, here are the ways that social media helped during the lockdown:
VIDEO: SOCIAL MEDIA HELPS DURING THE LOCKDOWN