Water is an essential part of our lives, even in winter we still have to drink a substantial amount of water.
During the summer months, it is easy to keep up with our water intake; our bodies’ thirst is a side effect of the heat and very few of us can go several hours without being thirsty.
Our bodies are mostly made of water – about 70% overall – and regardless of the time of year, requires good hydration
Are you drinking enough water? Some symptoms of dehydration include chapped lips, a dry cough, nosebleeds, mild headaches, and acne. According to Filter Butler, here some guidelines for drinking sufficient water in winter.
Water intake for men:
- If you are mostly sedentary, drink 8-10 glasses per day
- If you exercise, drink between 10-14 glasses per day
Water intake for women:
- If you are mostly sedentary, drink 6-8 glasses per day
- If you exercise, drink 8-12 glasses per day
- If you are breastfeeding, drink 7-10 glasses per day
How do make sure you get the required intake in?
Mark your water bottle:
Add flavour to your water: