Woman will know that cleanliness down there is very important and can often save you a trip to the doctor or gynecologist.
Just like other parts of your body, you shouldn't neglect your vagina and maintain a good hygiene routine.
Although it's a difficult topic to share and if there's a problem down there it's common for women to not speak about it and try to deal with the health of their private parts in silence.
The stigma of a problem is one thing, but there are many preventative measure you can take to make sure your vaginal health is never a problem.
Tips on how to keep your vagina healthy and infection-free
- After using the toilet, always wipe front to back
- Wash your hands afterwards
- Avoid vaginal cosmetics such as powders, perfumes, and vaginal sprays
- Only use a mild soap
- Have your own bath towel
- Exercise regularly
- Make sure you eat right and limit the amount of junk food in your diet
- Always wear clean underwear
- Wear loose-fitting pyjamas or a nightie to bed