Mom, the modern day superhero, always running around after us and making sure we have everything we need.
With Mother’s Day coming up, there’s no better time to show our moms how much they mean to us. A hand-crafted gift from the heart is the best way to
surprise mom this Mother’s Day. It’s time for the dads to take the stage and help their little ones make the perfect present for mom - an ice cream stick flower pot.
There’s no doubt about it - moms will love these colourful flower pots. They are easy to make, with a little bit of assistance, your child can accomplish this without a problem.
You will need
- Tin cans (with holes made in the bottom for drainage)
- Ice cream sticks (you can purchase these at your local craft or Chinese shop)
- Different watercolour paints
- Some plants
- A few stones to assist with drainage
- Potting mix
- Rubber band
- Step one is for dads. Prepare the tin cans by making holes in the bottom. This can be done carefully with a sharpened screwdriver. You can get the tin cans ready the day before.
- Now it is your kiddies turn. Your child can start by filling the cans. First place some stones at the bottom, follow this with some soil and finally the plant.
- The next step calls for creativity. Allow your little one to paint the ice cream sticks with the watercolour paints. You will need to wait for them to dry before moving on to the next stage.
- It’s time to finish off the project. Place the rubber bands around your tin cans. This will help hold the glued ice cream sticks in place. Glue can be tricky, be sure to assist your child with applying the glue to the painted ice cream sticks and sticking them around the tin can. Complete the look by tying a ribbon around the pot.
- Your flower pot is complete! All that’s left is to surprise mom on Mother’s Day with your beautiful creation.