- First and foremost, fingernails are featuring complementary gel colour combinations and designs, decorated with nail art.
- Toenail colours are usually in one colour that matches one of the colours on the fingernails.
- Alternatively, the other great advantage is that anything actually goes.
- For those not into nail art, the manicure could be pale or toned down and toenails can be painted in a darker nail lacquer.
- To be even bolder, why not work it the other way around and have a pale or nude pedicure with a dark manicure?
- Finally, for finger and toenails, the “tones” of the nail colour could be kept together. For instance, cool tones like purples and blues complement each other, whereas warm tones like bright orange and bright pink suit each other well.
Summer is here and it’s time again to show tootsies. For decades, the number one beauty rule when it came to nail colour has been that your toenails should match your fingernail colour. Fortunately, some beauty rules from years ago, no longer apply!
ORLY South Africa's beauty trainer, Jarique Pretorius emphasises on breaking the beauty rules.
"We have become bolder and more daring since then. One trend that is still very fashionable and seen everywhere is nail art", she says.
With various nail art options available, which better way would you prefer to wear your fingernails and toenails this summer?
Well coloured fingernails. Picture: Supplied.
As long as you know how to complement the shades that you are wearing’, says Jarique.