Keep calm and turn your bathroom into a full spa experience
The lockdown may be a vacation for some but for many, it's a bit too much considering that they have to keep working from home whilst looking after their children.
Conny Oberrauter, the author of 'T he Cosmetic Chef: Crafting Cosmetics in your Kitchen' shares tips on how you can pamper yourself after a long day of working, looking after the kids and doing the chores.
Since it's lockdown, many luxuries like going to the spa have been put on hold. However, you can still have your "me moment" at home by turning your bathroom into a spa experience and here's how:
- Get a few candles and put them around the bath
- Find some relaxing tunes on YouTube to stream
- Grab some flowers from the garden (if you have)
- Run your bath
- Add a few drops of your favourite essential oil or bubble bath, or some epsom salts
- Add the flower petals
- Light the candles, switch off the lights
- Close the door and turn on the music
- Sink into the bath and breath
If you don't have a bath - do the same with a foot spa (use a plastic tub if you don't have a foot spa) and get the relaxing feel of an at home foot soak and pedicure.
You should also put in a penalty - if the kids do disturb you while you are at the spa...not snacks for them the next day, only essential meals.
Pro tip: Also get your children with small chores like sorting out the laundry and doing the dishes (do monitor them when they wash the dishes in case they break something).