How to cleanse your wardrobe ahead of winter
- Is it my colour? Follow your seasonal colour coding cards.
- Does it suit my figure type?
- Does it suit my personality? Am I more Natural? Dramatic? Or Classic?
- Does it suit my current lifestyle? Do I work in an office? Am I a home executive or do I attend zoom meetings?
- Is it sentimental? Keep and box.
- Is it worn out? Pilled? Or just tired? Toss or Donate.
- Have I got five other tops just like it? Duplicates? Choose the top two for keeping and donate the rest.
- Is the print dated? Toss or donate.
- Is the style so last season? These high fashion or dated items can be passed along to friends or family or boxed away if you are certain they will come back into fashion.
- Do I love it? Does it bring you joy? At the end of the day, you have to love it to keep it and this should ultimately be the deciding factor regardless of the aforementioned points.
View this post on Instagram
Before & After our Wardrobe Detox #WardrobeDetox #styleme_imageconsulting #style #stylish #styleaddict #outfitoftheday #inspiration #beauty #fashion #fashionista #fashionpost #love #beautiful #personalstyle #fashionblogger #fashionaddict #trends #styleblogger #trendy #lookbook #jewelry #imageconsulting #colour #creative #mood #clothes #mylook #outfit
A post shared by Daniyel Berry (@styleme_za) on
- Make room for the new season’s clothes: If you have a lot of clothes and need to be able to access weather appropriate items, box away your summer clothes - store them in the attic, (your partner's cupboard), or even under your bed so they aren’t cluttering your space.
- Hang up everything: Once you’ve got your keep-pile sorted out, hang those items using hangers that all face the right way (with the hook pointing away from you). Try keep them the same colour as this declutters the head space.
- Colour code your clothing: It’s good to have a system for finding your clothes. You can use colour to make it easier to find what you are looking for to save you time. Or you can group similar items together like jackets, long sleeves, shirts, etc.