They might not serve the function of sunglasses, namely protection from the sun, but the tiny sunglasses are so hot that all the cool kids are wearing them regardless.
When Rihanna wore small, white-framed sunglasses on the Cannes Film Festival red carpet, I secretly hoped it was a passing fad. But we all know that when trend-setting Rihanna wears something it soon becomes a must-have item.
The tiny glasses then started popping up everywhere, being spotted on the most watched stylish and fashion forward celebrities. Models Kendall Jenner and Bella Hadid, actress Zoe Kravitz and reality TV star Kourtney Kardashian have all caught onto the trend.
But I was sold when singer and actress Beyoncé wore a black Matrix-inspired pair to the Grammy Awards. I was even slightly tempted to get my hands on a pair.
You are bound to find a pair in any fashion addict sunglasses collection.We found a few we love and here’s where to shop for them:
1. Tortoise shell cat eye inspired shades from Gigi Hadid for Vogue.
2. Clear lens and frames narrow framed glasses from I Am Trend.
3. Extremely tiny red lens sunnies from Third Eyewear.
4. Wayfarer shape inspired shades from the Persol Tailoring collection.
5. Black Matrix-style shades from Third Eyewear.