The Vodacom Durban July is all about glitz, glamour, fashion and of course there’s a bit of horse racing on the side. This, one of South Africa’s grandest events, generally draws a crowd of about 50 000 people.
Every year fashionistas have a theme to follow and inspire their outfits for the day. This year’s theme is “It is time”. Organisers have teased guest with phrases like: “The fashion is timeless. Understated or classic. Or detailed like lace”.
Last year the theme was “The Colour of Magic” and here’s a look at what some of our favourite celebs wore.
1. Morgan Palesa wore a Quiteria George designer dress showing some leg with a waist high slit. The floor length dress was made up of layers of tulle complete with embroidered flowers on the bodice.
2. Thando Thabethe wore red head to toe. A lady in red will always stand out in the crowd. The 50’s Hollywood glamour style was chic and sophisticated.
3. Dineo Moeketsi’s peach dress, another Quiteria George masterpiece, was undoubtedly one of my favourites. It was one of three outfits she wore on the day but this one was a winner.
4. Kelly Khumalo knows how to bring on the drama. Not only did she wow in this electric blue floor length dress but how incredible is her hat completed with long dramatic feathers.
5. Ayanda Thabethe’s dress was sheer perfection. Designed by Biji - La Maison de Couture the dress fit her like a glove. With layers of white tulle and silver embroidery the floor length dress showed off her dainty figure.