Makeup is pricey and so are makeup brushes. In fact brushes can sometimes be more expensive than the actual makeup.
Needless to say it’s important to look after your brushes. Keeping them in good shape allows you get longer life out of them and getting the most of them, allowing you to continue creating those flawless looks. Keeping them clean is the best way to looking after them.
Here's a simple way to clean your precious makeup brushes.
What will you need:
Water and gentle soap (or mild shampoo if you have that).
How to wash:
- Mix soap/shampoo and lukewarm water in the palm of your hand.
- Wet the bristles in the soapy mixture.
- Massage the tips of the bristles in the mixture in your palm. If it creates foam then you’re doing it too harshly. Be gentle with your brushes.
- You’ll know you’re bristles are clean when you the water runs clear when you rinse it.
- Using a clean towel squeeze out the rest of the water.
- At this point it’s important to know that when reshaping the bristles it needs to be to the original shape.
- The best way to dry your brushes it to place them in the edge of a counter or dry them upside down - allowing them to keep their shape.
It might sound like a long process but it’s well worth it!
Here's a video on an easy way to clean and inexpensive way to wash your brushes.