Wig is generally made to last longer and with most being expensive, it is important that you take good care of it. Just like your natural hair, they also need that extra care. Shaka Mbatha,hair specialist shares tips on how to take care of general human hair wig.
- Holding the wig by the part area, use a wide-tooth comb to gently comb the hair to remove any tangling. When combing the hair, always start at the bottom and work your way to the top, combing small sections of the hair with downward strokes until all of the hair has been combed and detangled.
- Drench the wig with a solution of lukewarm water and deep cleansing shampoo or a wig shampoo. Remember, use only lukewarm water.
- Use a brush to work additional shampoo into the hair using the same combing technique that was used initially to remove tangling. Do not scrub the hair.
- Rinse the hair from root to end, with flowing water until all of the shampoo is removed.
- Use a brush to work a detangling conditioner into the hair in the same manner as step 3.
- Rinse the hair in the same manner as step 4, with cold water until the water coming off the hair is clear and all of the conditioner is removed.
- Gently pat the hair with a towel
- Once finished with combing, hang the wig or place it in a wig stand and allow it to dry naturally.
- Once the hair is dried, you may use a curling iron, flat iron or hot rollers to restyle your wig.