Picture: Facebook
Picture: Facebook

25 South Africans to return home after Cairo bomb blast

By Se-Anne Rall Time of article published May 20, 2019

Share this article:

Durban - The Department of International Relations and Cooperation have confirmed that 25 South Africans are set to return home following a bomb blast in Cairo at the weekend. 

The department's Ndivhuwo Mabaya said three more residents will remain in hospital due to their nature of their injuries. 

The group of 28 had been on a tour to Egypt when a bomb detonated near the bus they were in. 

"The DIRCO consular service is in touch with all stakeholders and families. The Minister of International Relations and Cooperation, Lindiwe Sisulu wishes those admitted in hospital a speedy recovery and has also directed South Africa’s Ambassador to Egypt to give them all the necessary support," Mabaya said. 

Locally, residents took to social media to wish the South Africans well and prayed for their safe return. 

 


THE MERCURY  

Share this article: