Alleged Diepsloot killer admitted murders
Pretoria - The man who allegedly murdered three toddlers in Diepsloot last year admitted in a confession that he had raped and strangled two of the girls.
Ntokozo Hadebe, 28, made the confession before a magistrate shortly after his arrest in Alexandra in October last year.
He claimed the police had severely assaulted and electrocuted him but a medical report stated that he had no injuries.
Judge Nico Coetzee ruled that Hadebe's confession was admissible as evidence against him.
The State alleges Hadebe in September last year kidnapped, murdered, raped and sodomised five-year-old Anelisa Mkhonto and just a month later did the same to Yonalisa Mali, two, and her cousin Zandile, three.
He allegedly kidnapped the girls and took them to his shack, where he raped and killed them before dumping Anelisa's body in garbage bin and the bodies of the cousins in a public toilet next to the road.
In his confession Hadebe claimed the two toddlers had followed him to his shack after he bought chips for them.
After putting them to bed, he locked his shack and went to tavern where he continued drinking.
On his return he raped and killed the three-year-old girl by strangling her.
He also took a clothes hanger and twisted it around her neck until she was no longer moving.
He hid the body under his bed.
“Then I took the younger one on the bed. She was starting to wake up and I throttled her with my hand.
“I did not have the intention to rape her.
“When I tried to put her to bed she did not want to sleep.
“I heard the police talking in the street saying children were missing.
“With the young one I wanted to take her outside so that they could find her. I heard people outside.
“This child was out of control. All the time I was throttling her to stop.
“I undressed and raped her. I did not rape her for a long time because my conscience was bothering me.
“When I went to the door she started screaming. I went back to her, throttled her and put a hanger around her neck,” said.
Hadebe stashed the toddler's body under his bed before he went out drinking.
“The whole Sunday I kept on drinking. Monday I did not go to work and continued drinking.
“At about three o-clock I woke up. There was a smell in my shack.
“I placed the older one in a large suitcase I had in my shack and the younger one in a bucket,” he said.
After making sure there was no one around, Hadebe took the children's bodies to a toilet and put the bodies inside.
The trial will continue on Monday.