CAPE TOWN - The Covid-19 pandemic would have already taught society a few harsh lessons. Did we take things for granted ? We've developed a list of lessons we have learnt from the deadly outbreak so far...
1. Prevention saves more lives than acting at the last moment.
2. Healthcare workers are worth more than Football players.
3. Oil is worthless in a society without consumption.
4. Death does not distinguish race, colour or social status.
5. The human being is opportunistic and despicable.
6. Social media brings us closer, but it is also the means to create panic.
7. Now we know how animals feel in zoos.
8. We need to invest more in health.
9. Preparing for a “rainy day” is not such a bad idea.
10. You learn to respect and be grateful for your liberty.