CAPE TOWN – The Coronavirus pandemic is creating an information overload, so we've decided to make things easier for you -
Here are five stories you might have missed today:
1) Health Minister Zweli Mkhize announced the death toll due to Covid-19 is at 24 with 2003 positive infections.
READ MORE: SA COVID-19 DEATH TOLL NOW AT 24, OVER 2000 INFECTIONS
2) Psychologist Cheryl Sol explains the 8 psychological stages you may be experiencing during the lockdown period based on the model of grief.
VIDEO : 8 PSYCHOLOGICAL STAGES OF LOCKDOWN EXPLAINED
3) President Cyril Ramaphosa announced on Thursday an extension of the lockdown by two weeks. The Democratic Alliance (DA) says this decision will create an ‘economic disaster’ and prefer a gradual phasing out of the current lockdown regulations.
READ MORE: PHASE OUT LOCKDOWN TO SAVE ECONOMY, SAYS DA
4) There was a time when some thought the journalism profession was over, but with so much fake news about Covid-19 on social media, journalists and communications officers have never been more important.
READ MORE: THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENCE AGAINST COVID-19
5) A national medical support hotline has been set up to assist South Africans who have concerns or questions related to the coronavirus. Over 400 medical doctors have volunteered their time.
READ MORE: DOCTORS ON CALL : CORONAVIRUS HELPLINE PROGRAM