CAPE TOWN – The Coronavirus pandemic is creating an information overload, so we've decided to make things easier for you -
Here are five stories you might have missed today:
1) Health minister Zweli Mkhize announced that South Africa now has 1380 confirmed Covid-19 cases, an increase of 27 confirmed cases.
READ MORE: 1380 COVID-19 INFECTIONS IN SA, SAYS MKHIZE
2) Health minister Zweli Mkize launched 67 Coronavirus mobile sampling and testing units in Gauteng. These units will be deployed nationwide to all metropolitan municipalities as part of a mass screening and testing programme.
READ MORE: 67 MOBILE COVID-19 TESTING UNITS LAUNCHED
3) It is clear that South Africa's healthcare system will struggle to accommodate the masses should the Covid-19 outbreak spiral out of control. Countries like China built temporary hospitals within days, but how would that look for South Africa?
READ MORE: 6 SPACES THAT CAN BE CONVERTED INTO HOSPITALS
4) South Africa is in the first week of the national lockdown due to the Coronavirus outbreak and South Africans share what their survival kits are to get them through this difficult time.
VIDEO: #LIVINGINLOCKDOWN- SA COVID-19 SURVIVAL KIT
5) The news about Covid-19 came a few days before the close of the school term, and children from across the country said goodbye to their holidays and hello to a 21-day lockdown period.
WATCH: DURBAN SIBLINGS AGED 5 AND 9 HAVE THEIR SAY