CAPE TOWN – The Coronavirus pandemic is creating an information overload, so we've decided to make things easier for you -
Here are five stories you might have missed today:
1) Health minister Zweli Mkhize announced that approximately 87,000 Covid-19 tests have been conducted and that South Africa has 2415 confirmed cases, an increase of 143.
READ MORE: SA COVID-19 CASES AT 2415- MKHIZE
2) Consumers and businesses were thrown a lifeline after the South African Reserve Bank (SARB) cut the repo rate by 100 basis.
READ MORE: REPO RATE CUT : WHAT IT MEANS FOR YOU
3) Medical masks are in demand and needed by health workers who are in the front line. #10MillionMasks is an organisation who started an initiative to encourage South Africans to make their own masks at home.
VIDEO: #10MILLIONMASKS: A GREAT INITIATIVE HELPING MAKE MASKS EASY
4) Here is a list of what you need to aid a loved one who has been infected with Covid-19.
VIDEO: HOW TO CARE FOR A COVID-19 INFECTED PERSON
5) South Africans have expressed their pride and reassurance in Professor Salim Abdool Karim's presentation relating to the country's Covid-19 response. Karim has been compared to one of the world’s leading experts on infectious diseases, Dr Anthony Fauci, who has also served as advisor to every U.S. president since Ronald Reagan.
READ MORE: WHO IS PROF SALIM ABDOOL KARIM?