Independent Online

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Like us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterView weather by locationView market indicators

KZN containing Covid-19 well, says Mkhize

Published Mar 31, 2020

Share

CAPE TOWN- Health Minister Zweli Mkhize says that KwaZulu-Natal is on the right course in the managing of the Coronavirus outbreak.

Mhkize addressed the media in Durban on Tuesday evening.

Story continues below Advertisement

"I came to visit the province to see how they are approaching this matter. After having the discussion with the Premier [Sihle Zikalala], the MEC [Nomagugu Simelane-Zulu] and after visiting the war room I can say that KwaZulu-Natal are on the course to taking the process forward," he said.

Earlier in the day Mhkize welcomed back six South Africans from the Queen Mary cruise vessel in the Durban Harbour. The passengers will enter into quarantine.

In efforts to contain the virus nationally, Mhkize said there will be additional mobile testing vans deployed to the provinces with the highest number of infections, particularly Gauteng, Western Cape, KwaZulu-Natal and the Free State.

Story continues below Advertisement

"As we move, we have decided we are going to be more targeted. We will start to target the identified hotspots and we will be scaling up the intervention. We are going to be escalating the testing and screening of patients and we will be increasing the number of field workers and tracing teams," he said.

For LIVE updates on the Coronavirus pandemic, follow us on Twitter : @sacoronamonitor

CORONAVIRUS MONITOR

Story continues below Advertisement

Related Topics:

Covid-19

Share