Independent Online

Thursday, July 7, 2022

Like us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterView weather by locationView market indicators

WC continue with recovery plan despite second wave warnings

Life will not return to normal until 2022, warns WHO. FILE PHOTO (AP Photo/Jerome Delay)

Life will not return to normal until 2022, warns WHO. FILE PHOTO (AP Photo/Jerome Delay)

Published Oct 26, 2020

Share

CAPE TOWN -

Despite warnings by health and government officials about a possible second wave of the coronavirus, the Western Cape government says that sticking to their recovery plan remains a priority.

Story continues below Advertisement

Last week, Health minister Zweli Mkhize warned about a possible resurgence following a spike in infection numbers, with the Western Cape being highlighted with a 42% increase.

However, Premier Alan Winde explained that his team is aware of the increase in numbers the province is experiencing, and that it is linked to clusters and that most of these cases have recovered.

ALSO SEE: WESTERN CAPE GOVERNMENT IS ON FULL ALERT FOR SECOND WAVE

“It feels like things are getting a lot more back to normal. Of course, our focus is still on Covid-19 but much more on the recovery, on jobs, on safety, on dignity,” said Winde.

Story continues below Advertisement

“We are still watching what’s happening in the other parts of the world where the numbers are really climbing. We are still flattening that curve and want everyone to continue to help do so,” he said.

https://twitter.com/alanwinde/status/1319649219221852160

For LIVE updates on the Coronavirus pandemic, follow us on Twitter:

Share