Czech fugitive Radovan Krejcir appears in the Palm Ridge Magistrate's Court on Friday, 24 January 2014. Krejcir and his four co-accused were appearing on charges of kidnapping, assault, and attempted murder. Krejcir appeared alongside Siboniso Miya, Sandton businessman Desai Luphondo, and two members of the Hawks, warrant officers Samuel Modise Maropeng and George Jeff Nthoroane.Four of the men were arrested in November. Miya was arrested in January.In June, they allegedly kidnapped and assaulted a man whose brother, known only as "Doctor", disappeared with a 25kg shipment of tik he had been recruited to help smuggle through OR Tambo International Airport.They are accused of keeping the man at Krejcir's Money Point business in Bedfordview, Johannesburg, for four days, and assaulting him. The matter was postponed to February 24.Picture: Werner Beukes/SAPA

Johannesburg - The man who allegedly disappeared with Czech fugitive Radovan Krejcir's drugs has given police a statement, a Johannesburg court heard on Tuesday.

“Doctor has given a statement,” Krejcir's lawyer, Annelene van den Heever, for Krejcir, told the High Court sitting in the Palm Ridge Magistrate's Court on the East Rand.

Doctor Lukhele worked for a cargo company at OR Tambo International Airport and was apparently tasked with transporting 25kg of tik to Australia, allegedly for Krejcir, but disappeared with the shipment.

Van den Heever cross-examined Doctor's brother, State witness Bheki Lukhele, who claims he was kidnapped, assaulted and doused with boiling water by Krejcir and five others in a bid to force him to reveal his brother's whereabouts.

“(Doctor) has said nothing about having been with you,” Van den Heever put to Lukhele. She was referring to the day he was allegedly kidnapped, in June last year.

“I know I was with him,” said Lukhele.

He said he and Doctor had met at a shopping centre.

Lukhele was kidnapped that evening, allegedly by Krejcir and his co-accused. He claimed he was assaulted and tortured.

Van den Heever said a man, who claimed to be the siblings' uncle, had given a statement to the police, claiming he saw gun-wielding men take Lukhele from his house in Katlehong. Lukhele denied his uncle was there on the night.

“If you can find him and ask him about this, please do that,” he responded.

Lukhele maintained he, his girlfriend, and grandmother were at home at the time.

Earlier in the day, Van den Heever submitted an application to see the wounds Lukhele claims he suffered when Krejcir allegedly poured boiling water over his head.

Judge Collin Lamont said Lukhele could refuse to be seen shirtless.

“You're a woman, he's a man,” said Lamont.

Van den Heever replied: “It won't be the first time I've seen the naked torso of a man.”

A male counsel could conduct the examination, she suggested.

Van den Heever said in the same way she was allowed to conduct an inspection in loco on a crime scene, she should be allowed to see the injuries.

Following an order granted by the court on Monday, Lukhele went for an examination before court proceedings on Tuesday morning. Van den Heever argued that the person who had conducted the examination was a nurse and not a doctor.

Lamont allowed the defence to take Lukhele to its own doctor.

“On condition that both doctors' reports be made available to this court,” said Lamont.

Krejcir, Desai Luphondo, warrant officers Samuel Modise Maropeng and George Nthoroane, Jan Lefu Mofokeng, and Siboniso Miya are charged with kidnapping, assault, attempted murder, and dealing in drugs.

Their trial is expected to continue until May 30.

Lukhele, who is under witness protection, is due to return to the stand on Wednesday.