George Louca. File picture: Supplied

Johannesburg - The man who confessed to being present when Teazers owner Lolly Jackson was killed has landed back in South Africa – courtesy of South Africa’s Interpol extradition team.

The South African police confirmed on Sunday that George Louca was successfully extradited from Cyprus, where he fled in 2010 after the discovery of Jackson’s bloody body.

Police said Louca arrived in Joburg around 7.15am and was handed over to the Hawks.

In a recorded interview, which The Star has heard, Louca confessed to seeing Jackson murdered. He said he knew who the killers were and that if he ever came back to South Africa, his life would be in danger because of everything he knew.

Jackson’s widow Demi said the family were very happy that Louca was finally back in the country, and that they either wanted him to go on trial for her husband’s murder or he must come forward with everything he knows.

“We need closure. We need to know what happened that night,” Demi said.

Louca’s lawyer in Cyprus, Loukis Loucaides, confirmed that the appeal processes had been brought to a screeching halt last month. The European Court of Human Rights had rejected Louca’s bid to overturn the extradition order. He then approached the Ministry of Justice in Cyprus – an appeal that also failed.

Forensic consultant Paul O’Sullivan, who has been investigating Jackson’s murder, said Louca’s return was evidence that although the wheels of justice turn slowly, they are still turning.

He said it was ironic that Louca met Czech businessman Radovan Krejcir when they were both sharing a prison cell in 2007. Krejcir was awaiting extradition to the Czech Republic and Louca awaiting trial as “George Smith” – a bogus South African charged for being in possession of stolen property worth more than R2 million.

“Now they’re both back in jail, but I think it’s unlikely they’ll be sharing cells again,” O’Sullivan said.

Louca was implicated in the death of Jackson, who was shot dead at a house in Edenglen, near OR Tambo International Airport, in May 2010.

Louca fled to Cyprus soon after Jackson’s murder and returned to his hometown of Limassol.

He told The Star in March 2012 he was “no killer”.

Louca claimed that “important people” would be brought down if he gave the full story of Jackson’s murder.

Several other men linked to South Africa’s underworld have been killed since Jackson’s murder. They include Jackson’s lawyer Ian Jordaan as well as Jackson’s protégé, Mark Andrews.

German national Uwe Gemballa, who was murdered soon after arriving in South Africa, allegedly had links to Jackson, while Western Cape security expert Cyril Beeka, a known Jackson associate, was killed by gunmen riding on a motorbike.

[email protected] [email protected]

The Star