Cape Town - Cape Town police are hunting a man suspected of stabbing his baby sister’s boyfriend to death.

The 26-year-old – who cannot be named for legal reasons – has not been seen since Mandlankosi Bisa, 26, was found dead in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Mandlankosi died instantly after he sustained stab wounds to his upper body and his throat at the Joe Slovo informal settlement in Langa.

It is understood the accused went looking for his victim after he heard he had slapped his teenage sister around in a shebeen.

The 16-year-old girl – who cannot be named because she is a minor – said on Monday night that she and her boyfriend fought after she refused to go home with him following a drinking spree.

“He arrived at the tavern at around 7pm, he settled our tab and bought some more alcohol for us,” she told the Daily Voice.

“A few hours later he took me outside and told me he wanted to go home but I explained it was too dark and late to walk there.

“I convinced him to rather come and sleep at my grandmother’s house with me and we agreed.

“So I walked out to another tavern where he came looking for me.

“He grabbed me, slapped me and asked what I was doing there without him but I explained that there was nothing going on so he decided to go home by himself and walked out.”

The Grade 8 pupil says she was shocked when she later heard her brother and boyfriend were fighting outside.

“I ran home to get my grandmother to help but on our way there he came towards us and said to go to sleep and everything was OK,” she added.

“But I went back to the shebeen and continued drinking with my friends.

“A few minutes later someone came to fetch me and told me Mandlankosi had been stabbed and was dead.”

The distraught girl urged her brother to hand himself over to the cops.

“I did not ask him to defend me, I understood that my boyfriend and I had a fight like a normal couple and would make up again,” she said.

“I’m deeply hurt by this situation.”

Mandlankosi’s family says they are still reeling in shock.

His brother Mawande Soxuza, 33, says: “I don’t think that boy realises what kind of hurt he has brought down to this family, we are all devastated.”

“This was a totally unnecessary situation, I’m sure they could have talked it out, but now two lives have been destroyed.”

Police spokesman Warrant Officer November Filander confirms a murder docket has been opened for investigation.

No arrests have been made.

* This article was published in the Daily Voice