It falls on a weekday this year, so chances are you'll be at work or school and will be too busy to worry about Star Wars day.
However, it only comes around once a year, and if you're a Star Wars fan, the honourable thing to do today is drop everything and focus on Star Wars. (Just kidding, that will be nice though).
Since we know you're already a fan and probably rewatching the entire collection – something which you have done a hundred times already, here's a chance to show how much of a fan you really are:
1. Greet everyone with May the 4th, even if they are not a fan. In fact, even more so if they despise Star Wars.
2. If you're a lady, please go out just to show off your hair in two buns – Princess Leia style. But, of course we know we should avoid lunch with the brother.
3. Or, if you really choose to binge watch all the Star Wars movies, then please tweet the worse moments and drop them into your boss's timeline, especially The Phantom Menace. A meme or Star Wars pun would be better. We know how much your boss loves memes.
4. If your boss replies to you on Twitter, just say the four letter word 'sith'. We will understand you.
5. If you're a fan, try to bring at least one person over to the Dark Side. It's always better on the dark side. It may be difficult considering the perceptions surrounding Star Wars but good luck and May the Force be with you – or the 4th.
Here are some of our fans who waited a whole year for this day:
Happy StarWars day and may the 4th be with you! This really tickled me this morning 🙈😂 pic.twitter.com/Gftp88RTV3
IVE BEEN WAITING A WHOLE YEAR TO SAY THIS
May the 4th be with you
//SLAPPED JFOSJDKDK HAHAH ok bye
Now, show us your fan side! Tag @IOL and show us your dark side.