Two children aged 2 and 3 were found dead in a toilet in Diepsloot extension 1 this morning, a massive man hunt is underway. Picture: Antoine de Ras, 15/10/13

Johannesburg -

Four men who were held for questioning in connection with the murders of two toddlers found in Diepsloot will appear in court on Friday, Gauteng police said.

“They will appear in the Pretoria Magistrate's Court,” said Brigadier Neville Malila.

The bodies of two-year-old Yonelisa Mali and her cousin Zandile Mali, 3, were found in a public toilet cubicle in Diepsloot at 5am on Tuesday.

They were reported missing at the weekend.

Police were still looking for a fifth man in connection with the crime.

An identikit of the man was released and a R100 000 reward offered for information leading to his arrest and successful prosecution.

“The suspect is in his early 30s, not older than 34, slight build, 1.7m tall, light in complexion, and was wearing a wool hat,” Lieutenant-Colonel Lungelo Dlamini said earlier.

“It is believed that he has different colour wool hats. He has a cut on the lower lip and a red ring on his left hand.”

Residents went on the rampage after the toddlers' bodies were discovered.

Police said a team of detectives had been appointed to investigate the murders.

At a press briefing on Wednesday, Honeydew cluster commander Major-General Oswald Reddy said police were deciding whether there was enough evidence to charge the four men.

“After 48 hours, a decision will be taken whether we are going to charge or release them, but at this present moment we have enough grounds to detain them,” he said. - Sapa