Kotze is back in court

By Time of article published Nov 27, 2012

Share this article:

Johannesburg - The trial of Johan Kotze, accused of orchestrating the gang-rape of his former wife and murdering his stepson, continues in the Pretoria High Court on Tuesday.

On Monday, Dr Johan Janse van Rensburg, who treated Ina Bonette, testified that she was severely traumatised and in shock when he saw her hours after the crime. She was crying and told him that her son had been shot dead. She also said both of her nipples had been cut off and that she had been sexually violated.

Bela-Bela pathologist Dr Camillus Molulu, who performed an autopsy on Conrad Bonette, 19, testified that he had been shot in one knee, and in his head and chest.

Kotze allegedly forced Andries Sithole, Pieta Mohlane and Frans Mphaka to rape Bonette while she was tied to a bed with her mouth taped shut. All four face charges of kidnap, rape, assault, and attempted murder.

Kotze hired the three men to work in the garden of his rented home in Modimolle, where the attack took place on January 3. Bonette had testified that Kotze called her to the house to fetch some of her belongings.

Kotze was arrested on January 11. - Sapa

Share this article: