Johannesburg - A man sustained serious burn wounds after he was electrocuted at a factory in Ekurhuleni, paramedics said on Tuesday.
The incident took place at a factory on Langkloof road in Alrode in the afternoon.
ER24 spokesperson Russel Meiring said paramedics arrived on the scene and were lead into the factory where they found the patient.
"The man was assessed by paramedics and found to have sustained serious burn wounds to his left hand.
"Paramedics treated the man for his injuries and thereafter transported him to a private hospital for further treatment."
The man had reportedly been working on the wires when he was electrocuted, Meiring added.
He confirmed that an internal investigation will be conducted by the company.