Pretoria – Minister of Finance Malusi Gigaba is holding a media briefing to talk about the way forward for the South African economy.
Here are ten things he has said so far:
* President Zuma and other ministers discussed critical interventions at emergency meeting last night.
* Low economic growth is reflection of low business and consumer confidence.
* Government is committed to maintaining fiscal framework announced in budget.
* Treasury's plan to grow economy has been undermined by recent downgrades, data showing recession.
* When boards of SOEs are appointed, skills and capabilities are looked at.
* Glad that the Public Protector is investigating the Gupta emails saga.
* The appointment of new DG Dondo was fast, and shows eagerness.
* Calls for policy certainty to reassure investors and unlock growth.
* Business, labour and government must come with plans on how to get the economy out of tough times.
* Political noise is better than no noise at all.
Reuters and IOL