Johannesburg - The ANC has requested the ministries of communication and labour to intervene in the dispute between dismissed Generations actors and their employers, the party said on Tuesday.
“For its part, the ANC has requested the intervention of the ministers of communications and labour in the dispute,” spokesman Zizi Kodwa said in a statement.
“To this end, comrade (Communications Minister) Faith Muthambi will be meeting with the SABC to understand the circumstances surrounding the dismissal of these workers.”
The SABC announced on Monday that 16 actors from the soapie who had embarked on a strike had been fired.
The announcement drew heavy criticism as viewers took to social media to express their dissatisfaction with the SABC and the production company, MMSV.