Durban - Judge Thoba Poyo-Dlwathi dismissed the urgent court application made by six aggrieved members of the ANC who attempted to interdict the Provincial Conference from taking place on Thursday.
Poyo-Dlwathi said the applicants had more than enough time to bring the application this week however chose to make an urgent application on Thursday. She said their reasons for the delay was not sufficient and struck the matter off the roll.
The case was heard from 3pm on Thursday at the Pietermaritzburg High Court. Poyo-Dlwathi handed down judgment almost three hours later.
Earlier on Thursday, aggrieved ANC members from the Moses Mabhida and Harry Gwala regions have made an application at the Pietermaritzburg High Court to interdict the provincial conference due to start on Thursday at the Durban University of Technology.
It is believed it is not the same members who made the previous application but the members are from the same regions.
The provincial conference was interdicted last month, also in the eleventh hour, by aggrieved ANC members from the Moses Mabhida, Harry Gwala and Lower South Coast regions.
Thursday's interdict was brought around midday while registration of delegates took place in Durban.