The alleged 28s gang boss Ralph Stanfield had missed his previous court appearance and a warrant was issued for his arrest. Picture: Bertram Malgas
Cape Town - Alleged 28s gang boss Ralph Stanfield has appeared in court after a warrant was issued for his arrest.

Stanfield, who is still recovering from a deadly attack in Joburg last month, appeared at the Mitchells Plain Magistrates’ Court on Thursday in Courtroom 7.

He had missed his previous court appearance and a warrant was issued for his arrest.

Stanfield is facing charges of intimidation and assault, relating to a matter in March 2016, when he allegedly hit and intimidated cops at his mother’s home in Beacon Valley, Mitchells Plain.

A weak-looking Stanfield made his way to the courthouse on Thursday to confirm that he had been in hospital at the time of his previous court date.

The matter was then postponed to September 13.

A month ago, Stanfield was shot by masked men while sitting in his larney Audi R8 sports car, which was parked at the Melrose Arch Mall in Johannesburg.

Police said only three of the 14 bullets fired at him hit their target. He was struck in the upper body and it is believed his bulletproof vest saved his life.

Police said he was alone in the vehicle.

The 37-year-old tried to drive himself to the nearby Morningside Medi-Clinic in Sandton, but lost control of his car and smashed into three other vehicles.

He was transferred via private jet to a Cape Town hospital a few days later.

Here police nabbed a man believed to be Stanfield’s bodyguard after he was allegedly found in possession of an illegal firearm and ammunition.

Daily Voice