Raped Cape baby discharged from hospital
Share this article:
Cape Town - A four-month-old baby who was raped last month has been discharged, the Red Cross Children’s Hospital said on Monday.
“She was admitted to theatre five times for wound repair and cleaning. The doctors are generally satisfied with the baby's progress,” said hospital spokeswoman Lauren O'Connor-May.
“She will still be booked for follow-up appointments at the hospital, but the number and nature of these will depend on how the healing process goes.”
The baby was discharged on Friday. She was admitted on August 3, O'Connor-May said.
The baby was sleeping in bed with her parents when a man snatched and raped her last month, provincial police said at the time. A boy in the house was also raped.
A 25-year-old man was arrested and charged with abduction and rape.
The case was postponed to September 11 to give officials time to obtain DNA test results and gather statements from witnesses. - Sapa