Duduzane Zuma granted bail of R100 000 in corruption case
Johannesburg - Duduzane Zuma, the son of scandal-plagued former South African president Jacob Zuma, has had his corruption case postponed to January 2019.
Duduzane handed himself over to police at the Johannesburg Central Police Station ahead of his appearance at the Specialised Crimes Court.
Duduzane is facing corruption charges linked to a multi-million rand offer allegedly made to former deputy finance minister Mcebisi Jonas on behalf of the Gupta family. His lawyer has confirmed that he will apply for bail.
The younger Zuma has been charged with corruption, his lawyer said on Monday.
Duduzane, who returned to South Africa last week to attend his brother's funeral, intends to contest the charges and will apply for bail at a court hearing in Johannesburg, said lawyer Rudi Krause told Reuters.
Reuters and IOL