Duduzane Zuma (seated in grey jacket) in the Randburg Magistrate's Court on Thursday. Picture: Lindi Masinga/ANA

Johannesburg - The case against the son of former president Jacob Zuma, Duduzane, was on Thursday postponed for two months at the Randburg Magistrate's Court to allow the defence time to study case files.

State prosecutor Yusuf Baba told the court that case files were only provided to the defence last week on Friday.

Zuma's lawyers told Magistrate Heidi Barnard that they would be ready to proceed on October 26. 

The accused faces two charges of culpable homicide and an alternative count of negligent driving. Former president, Jacob Zuma, sat next to his son during the brief appearance.

Phumzile Dube was killed in February 2014 after Zuma's Porsche collided with the taxi in which she was travelling. Her fellow passenger Nanki Jeanette Mashaba‚ who was injured in the accident‚ died in a hospital a few weeks after the crash.

The matter was postponed to 26 October 2018.

African News Agency/ANA