Johannesburg - Gauteng parents have one day left to accept or decline school placement offers, the Department of Education said on Thursday.
This comes after the department extended the deadline by one day due to last week's public holiday.
The department's spokesperson Steve Mabona said that there remained 83 699 offers which parents had not accepted or rejected.
"If parents have not accepted or rejected their offers by Friday, August 17, the department may accept on their behalf, in accordance with the admission policy and criteria.
"It is important noting that, when an offer is accepted, all other remaining offers will automatically become inaccessible."
Mabona further said: "Parents whose applications were not successful will be placed by district offices; moreover, the department will communicate with these parents in due course".
He added that the date for late applications would be announced in due course.
Adding to this was Gauteng Education MEC Panyaza Lesufi who said: “We want to take this time to thank parents who have accepted their offers of placement and encourage them to proceed to the school to finalise their application and make the necessary arrangements for 2019".
Applicants who have lost or forgotten usernames and passwords, may contact the call centre on 0800 000 789, OR log on to www.gdeadmissions.gov.za