Independent Online

Friday, May 27, 2022

Like us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterView weather by locationView market indicators

Kidnapped Congolese man: Family offer R50k award

The family of 48 year-old Congolese national, Alain Tshiunza Kabongo, who was kidnapped on the 5th of September 2015, have offered an award for information leading to his whereabouts.

The family of 48 year-old Congolese national, Alain Tshiunza Kabongo, who was kidnapped on the 5th of September 2015, have offered an award for information leading to his whereabouts.

Published Sep 12, 2016

Share

Johannesburg - The family of a Congolese man missing from Hillbrow since September last year have begged the public for assistance - and they're willing to pay a reward of R50 000 for any information leading to his whereabouts.

Alain Tshiunza Kabongo was last seen on September 5, 2015. He was kidnapped by a group of men who claimed they were investigating a case related to drug trafficking. The 48-year-old agreed to assist the alleged police officers, but was handcuffed by the men, placed in a vehicle and taken away.

Story continues below Advertisement

When The Star reported on the incident in January, police said it was unclear if the men were posing as police officers, actual police officers or had assistance from real members of the SAPS. However, it was confirmed that the vehicle used to kidnap Kabongo had not been connected to the SAPS, but the investigating team refused to rule out the possibility of involvement by genuine police officers.

On Sunday, Kabongo’s son-in-law, Jean-Mark Mwamba, said his family were still desperate to find their relative and willing to offer R50 000 to anyone who could give conclusive information on the 48-year-old’s location.

*Anyone with such information can contact Captain Maripa Molamudi on 082 356 0506 or Crime Stop on 08600 10111 at all times.

Story continues below Advertisement

The Star

Related Topics:

Share