Johannesburg - The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) said on Monday that they were not yet ready to prosecute a 44-year-old school bus driver who allegedly sexually assaulted a young girl earlier this month.
“With the information at their disposal, it does not seem like there’s a prima facie case, hence being reluctant to prosecute at this stage."
The Gauteng Department of Education (GDE) said on Sunday in a statement that it was alleged that the bus driver sexually assaulted a 13-year-old learner on October 13 and 16.
"The State has asked the police to conduct further investigation after they were informed there might be four learners who will give statements against the suspect."
Due to the lack of evidence at this stage, the bus driver will have to be released.