Johannesburg - The mother of Tom Moyane's alleged assault victim says she is devastated and scared to learn of the National Prosecuting Authority's (NPA) decision not to prosecute the suspended Sars commissioner over the incident.
Earlier, spokesperson Phindi Mjonondwane confirmed to IOL that the NPA won't prosecute Moyane over his assault of the 17-year-old.
"We can confirm this... because there's no prospect of a successful prosecution," she said.
Moyane faced assault charges after he was accused of "ninja-kicking" and "rugby tackling" the girl, who is also the mother of his grandson, at his home in May.
He was expected to appear in court on June 1.
Cynthia Masina, speaking to 702, said she was devastated and scared after learning of the NPA's decision.
"I'm just devastated... I'm scared, I wish that God could come down and approach her," Masina said.
"I just got the news this morning [Thursday]. I haven't told her, I've just her a message for 'in case', she just needs to come home so we can pray about it."
Masina added that she had hoped that the law would prove her wrong in such an instance, but instead had been left speechless.
Moyane's lawyer meanwhile, earlier on said his client welcomed the NPA's decision as it would allow him to focus on his upcoming disciplinary case.IOL