KZN farm murder trial postponed
Share this article:
Johannesburg - Four men appeared in the Richmond Magistrate's Court on Wednesday in connection with the murder of a farmer, his wife and son, the National Prosecuting Authority said.
Siphesihle Ngubane, Zamokuhle Maduna, and Njabulo Zuma would be back in court on March 19 for a possible bail application, spokeswoman Natasha Ramkisson-Kara said.
The name of the fourth man could not be released as he was a minor.
“The bail application did not proceed today as the defence are re-considering their views on bail,” Ramkisson-Kara said.
The men face three counts of murder, one of housebreaking and one of robbery with aggravating circumstances.
The men are accused of killing Echard Schutte, 76, Elizabeth Schutte, 65, and their son Lutz Schutte, 33, whose bodies were discovered on their Springfield Farm in the Richmond area earlier this month.