Ratte refuses bail, continues hunger strike
Share this article:
The bail application of right-winger Willem Ratte was postponed after he refused to apply for bail in the Witbank Magistrate's Court on Monday, the SABC reported.
As his hunger strike entered its 25th day, the State said it was ready to continue with the case, but this could only be done if Ratte applied for bail.
According to the SABC, Ratte's attorney Jurg Prinsloo said his client believed there was no need to apply for bail as he had not committed any crime.
His eight co-accused were released on free bail last week.
Ratte and nine others were arrested during a police raid on his farm in Balmoral, Mpumalanga in September.
They face charges of illegal possession of dagga, unlicensed firearms and ammunition.
The case has been postponed until November 1. -