Eskom prayer lawsuit struck from court roll
Share this article:
Mahikeng - A R250 million claim against Eskom by a man who said he prevented power cuts through prayers has been struck from the court roll, Beeld newspaper reported on Friday.
The High Court in Mahikeng removed the case on Thursday morning because the court papers that had been filed were not in order.
Nelson Thabo Modupe, of Lichtenburg, had argued that he prevented power cuts during the 2010 Soccer World Cup through his prayers.
In a letter to Eskom, he said the main reason for load shedding was lightning and wind, and that he had taken it upon himself to pray to God and ask that no power cuts take place.
As a result, Eskom owed him R250 million, because he saved the power utility the burden and humiliation of load shedding, he said. - Sapa